How to Use a Security Token
The Security token device is required when:
- Transferring money from your account to another GTBank account or to other banks.
- Generating secure codes
- Conducting FX transfers
- Processing Cash/Draft In transit
- Adding more service options on our Internet Banking platform (add service)
- Making FX Sales e.t.c
Note: When conducting any of the transactions listed above, you will be required to input a 6-digit code in a defined field to validate and conclude the transaction. This code can be generated by clicking the white button on the device.
- The security token always generates a random code for every transaction thereby making it impossible for another person to carry out online transactions from your account.
- There is no need to visit a branch. With a security token you can carry out online transactions anywhere in the world.
- You can send money to family and friends and make payments from a computer and web-enabled mobile phone
- The token is the latest in banking security technology which uses a 128 bit data encryption to protect your account details
- Transfer to any GTBank account and other banks in Nigeria
- Pay for your HITV subscription.
- Pay for your phone bills (MTN postpaid) and internet services (Starcomms)
- Pay for your US Visa fee
- Book flight tickets on the following Airlines (British Airways/Iberia, Alitalia Airlines, Lufthansa German Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Aviareps-Afriqiyah Airways)
- Sell Foreign currencies from your domiciliary account(s) to the bank.
- Transfer foreign currencies (Dollars, pounds, Euro) from your domiciliary account to anyone in the world
- Place a standing order on your account
How to Get a Security Token
- Click here to download the form now.
- Complete the form
- Drop the completed form at any of our branches
- Pick up token immediately from the same branch