The GTBank NRN Naira MasterCard is a Naira denominated debit card issued in partnership with MasterCard Worldwide for Non-resident Nigerians (NRN) that allows you spend from your naira account, anywhere in the world.
It offers better security as it utilizes the most secure technology for card transactions – a microchip embedded in the card coupled with a four digit PIN.
GTBank NRN Naira MasterCard is accepted for payment at over 34 million locations and can be used for withdrawals at over 2.1 million ATMs in 210 countries worldwide, wherever the “MasterCard” logo is displayed.
- Receive your card at your doorstep anywhere in the world
- Withdraw cash from any MasterCard ATM world-wide.
- Pay for goods and services in shops
- Pay for goods and services online
- Free cash withdrawals from any ATM in Nigeria
- Cardholder’s name, number and expiry date are printed on the front of the card.
- Validity is for 3 years.
- The 3 digit Card Validation Value (CVV2) is printed on the reverse side of the card, beside the signature panel
- Safety – Your card eliminates the risk and inconvenience of carrying cash.
- Security – Employs the use of Chip & PIN technology to guard against unauthorized transactions.
- The card also uses Card Secure, which is an additional secure verification feature for web (online) transactions.
HOW TO MAKE A REQUEST FOR YOUR NRN NAIRA MASTERCARD
Kindly send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your GTBank account name and number and further information will be communicated to you.
You are only eligible for the NRN Naira MasterCard if you meet ALL of the following criteria:
1. You are a Non-resident Nigerian
2. Your non-Nigerian address has been provided to the Bank (at account opening or by a customer data update)
3. You will like to receive your Naira Master card at your address abroad.
Is my Card linked directly to my NRN Naira accounts?
No, in order to ensure the security of your funds, your card is not linked directly to your NRN Naira account but to a separate card account.
How do I fund my NRN card account so I can use my card?
You can transfer funds from any of your NRN Naira accounts (Savings, Current or GTMax) to your card account via:
â€¢ The â€œown account transferâ€ service option on your internet banking
â€¢ Completing and submitting a Funds Transfer form available at a GTBank branch.
Are funds transferred to my card account available immediately?
Yes, the funds are available immediately.
***Your card is not linked directly to your naira account, you need to fund your card from your naira account. Ensure your card is funded to enable use your cards at ATMs, POS terminals and for web purchases.