The GTBank Temporary Naira MasterCard is an international payment card issued in partnership with MasterCard Worldwide.
The Temporary Naira MasterCard is a non-personalized card issued instantly to new walk-in customers free of charge. This card performs all the functions of a regular Naira MasterCard but it will only give you access to your account for 30 days from the day the card is activated. A regular Naira MasterCard will be produced for you and available for collection within 3-4 working days of account opening. Your temporary Naira MasterCard will expire after 30 days or upon activation of your regular Naira MasterCard, whichever comes first.
- Acceptance for payment: Can be used to pay for goods and services via POS & Online in Nigeria and Abroad.
- Access to cash: Gives the customer 24-hour access to funds via ATMs in Nigeria Only.
- Safety: Employs the use of Chip & PIN technology to guard against unauthorized transactions. This card cannot perform Secure Code transactions.
- The card is valid for 30 days only and can be activated by changing PIN on any GTBank ATM or via the PIN selection POS terminals in Nigeria only.
This card is issued automatically to new walk-in customers that open accounts with the bank and also customers in transit (after placing a request for the GTBank Naira MasterCard).
- Local ATM Withdrawals: N150,000 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira)
- Local POS transactions: N3,000,000 (Three Million Naira)
- International POS & Online transactions: $1,000 monthly
N/B: ATM cash withdrawals are currently limited to within Nigeria only.
*For your daily international spending limits, kindly call GTConnect, our 24 hour contact center, on +234 80 3900 3900, +23480 2900 2900 0r +234 1 4480000 to get the current limits.