The GTBank Temporary Naira MasterCard is an international payment card issued in partnership with MasterCard Worldwide.
The Temporary Naira MasterCard is a non-personalized card issued instantly to new walk-in customers free of charge. This card performs all the functions of a regular Naira MasterCard but it will only give you access to your account for 30 days from the day the card is activated. A regular Naira MasterCard will be produced for you and available for collection within 3-4 working days of account opening. Your temporary Naira MasterCard will expire after 30 days or upon activation of your regular Naira MasterCard, whichever comes first.
- Activate your card by changing your PIN on any GTBank ATM or via the PIN selection POS terminals in GTBank branches.
- Acceptance for payment: Can be used to pay for goods and services at 34 million MasterCard locations worldwide in 210 countries and across other channels (ATM, POS & Online)
- Access to cash: Gives the customer 24-hour access to funds from about 2.1 million ATMs worldwide.
- Safety: Employs the use of Chip & PIN technology to guard against unauthorized transactions. This card cannot perform SecureCode transactions.
The card is valid for 30 days only.
This card is issued automatically to new walk-in customers that open accounts with the bank.
- Local ATM Withdrawals: N150,000
- Local POS transactions: N2,000,000
- International POS, Online & ATM Cash Withdrawal limit: $1,000 monthly
- International ATM withdrawal limit: $300 daily (subject to a maximum monthly limit of $1,000)