GTBank Visa Debit card is an international payment card issued in partnership with Visa International. It is denominated in US Dollars, but can also be used to settle payments in other major currencies.
The GTBank Visa Classic Dollar card gives more flexibility than the Visa Debit or Visa Prepaid cards as it can be used in both online or offline purchase situations depending on the merchant you are dealing with.
- Access to Cash – Gives the customer 24-hour access to funds from about 2.1 million Visa ATMs worldwide.
- Acceptance for Payment – Can be used to pay for goods and services at millions of Visa locations worldwide (hotels, supermarkets, etc) in over 210 countries and across other channels such as the Internet.
- Safety – Employs the use of Chip & PIN technology to guard against unauthorized transactions. The card also uses Card Secure, which is an additional secure verification feature for web (online) transactions.
- Personalized – Customer’s name is printed on the Visa Classic Debit Card.
- Validity: 3 years
- Non-Account holders :
Customer will be required to open a dollar domiciliary account with the following documents: Completed (USD) Domiciliary account form, 2 (Two) Referees, 1 (one) recent passport photograph, a recent Utility Bill, a copy of your Driver’s License or International Passport and issuance fee of N1,000 (or its equivalent in dollars).
- (USD) Domiciliary Account holders:
Customers will require the following: Completed Dollar card Application form and issuance fee of N1,000 (or its equivalent in dollars).
- ATM Daily Withdrawal Limit: $1000 (or equivalent in the local currency of any transaction)
- POS/Online: No Limit
- Annual Spend Limit: No limit
*ATM Withdrawal fee: $3.50
Terms and Conditions for Visa Dollar Card Cash Back Promo
VISA Dollar Card: Existing Users
1. The promotion is open to holders of VISA Dollar card who have activated their cards but are yet to carry out a transaction.
2. The first 100 VISA Dollar card account holders who spend US$3,000 (Three Thousand Dollars) or more on five (5) POS and online transactions using their cards during the promotion period will receive US$200 (Two Hundred Dollars) cash back in their GTBank account on the 6th POS or online transactions
3. The promotion is valid fromÂ July 15th, 2015 until September 15th, 2015.
4. A cardholder cannot receive US$200 cash back more than once.
5. The cumulative spend on all five (5) transactions must be a minimum of US$3,000.
VISA Dollar Card: New Card holders/Newly activated cards
1. The promotion is open to:
- New card holders of VISA who did not have dollar card prior to the promo
- Existing VISA card holders, who are yet to activate their cards
2. The first 500 customers who activate their VISA dollar card between the campaign period and spend US$200 on POS and online transactions will receive US$20 cash back into their GTBank account.
3. The promotion is valid fromÂ July 15th, 2015 until September 15th, 2015
4. A cardholder cannot receive US$20 cash back more than once.
***Please note that a cardholder can however receive both the US$200 cash back and the US$20 cash back if the cardholder activates and spends over US$3,000 on their VISA Dollar card during the promotion period.
Is my card linked directly to my Dollar Domicilliary Account?
No, in order to ensure the security of your funds, your card is not linked directly to your Dollar Account but to a seperate Dollar Card Account Ledger.
How do I fund the card Account so I can use my card?
You can transfer money from your GTBank Domicilliary account to your card account via:
Are the funds transferred to my card account available immediately?
No, the funds will be available as stated below:
|Time of Transfer||Availability|
|Before 12noon (Mon-Fri)||6.00pm Same day|
|After 12noon (Mon-Fri)||6.00pm Next day|
|After 12noon (Fri)||6.00pm Next Working day|
|Weekends||6.00pm Next Working day|