GT-Target is a high interest bearing account that encourages financial discipline through savings. This product is designed to enable you save towards a specific target – whether it’s a wedding, holiday, new car or higher education. Whatever your financial goal is, the GT Target account can help you achieve it.
Click here to read our Terms and Conditions
Click here to download the GT-Target account opening form.
- Zero account opening balance
- Mandatory standing order of N5, 000 (minimum) – standing order frequency can be monthly, quarterly, semi-annually
- Interest rate is pegged at 3.6% per annum
- Minimum savings period of six months (partial/full withdrawal prior to six months attracts interest forfeiture)
- 1% bonus interest is awarded when customers commit to the agreed standing order deposit for 1 year
- Interest accrues on the account daily but the interest is only capitalized after every six months
- Maximum of 3 sub accounts can be opened for different financial goals and targets
- Can be opened on our internet banking platform or by walking into any GTBank branch
- GT Target is non-transactional account
- Duly signed and completed GT-Target account opening form
- Log on to Internet banking and select GT Target from the request menu to open an account, select a suitable standing order amount and select the most preferred savings option (i.e. monthly, quarterly or semi-annually)
- To own and operate a GT Target Account you must have an existing GTBank Account.