The Smart Kids Save account is designed to enable parents/guardians save for their children aged between 0 – 17 years, whilst also developing a savings culture in them.
Teaching children the value of savings early can help them develop SMART financial habits for life.
The Guaranty Trust Bank Smart Kids Save (SKS) account is available in two categories:
SKS (0 – 17 years)
SKS Teen (13 – 17 years)*
Click here to participate in the SKS Survey.
To open an SKS account, click here.
Access to the Smart Kids Save website (www.gtbank.com/sks) where the Smart Kid has access to:
– Exciting games
– Educational support for homework and study
– Other fun activities
– Additional benefits to only SKS Teen
*The SKS Teen account is an additional account opened when the Smart Kid is/becomes 13 years and older.
Click here to read our Terms and Conditions.
- Minimum opening/account balance of N1, 000.00 (One Thousand Naira Only).
- Competitive interest rates at 4.2% (the more you save, the more you earn)
- Allows lodgments of cheques, drafts and dividends into the account, subject to a maximum of N100,000 per instrument
- Periodic lodgments can be made into the account through Standing Order/automated direct debits.
- Complimentary invite to SKS Fun events
- Gift items provided when milestone points are achieved.
- SKS can be converted into a regular savings or current account, with the young saver as an authorized signatory. This is however only after the Smart kid saver has attained the age of 18
- From the age of 13, an SKS Teen account will be opened for the teenager which comes with a Trendy Teen MasterCard (issued upon Parent’s request and at a cost of N525) so the child can learn to manage money responsibly.
**If you conduct more than 4 debit transactions in any month, you will forfeit the interest benefit on the account for the month.
- One passport photograph of each signatory and Smart Kid.
- Valid ID for each signatory (International Passport, National Driver’s license, National ID Card).
- Utility bill
- Copy of Smart Kid’s birth Certificate.
- Any other acceptable identification document deemed fit by the bank.