GTBank Mobile App
GTBank Mobile App is a two-in-one app which consists of Mobile Banking and Mobile Money. Logging on to Mobile Banking grants access to all the accounts for which an individual is profiled with GTBank such as savings, current and domiciliary accounts while on Mobile Money one gains access to their Mobile wallet by logging on with a phone number.
The Mobile App can be downloaded from BlackBerry App World on BlackBerry devices, from Google Play on Android devices, from App Store on iOS devices and from Nokia OVI on Nokia devices.
Mobile Money can also be accessed from the SIM Menu or SIM Tool Kit (STK) which is presently provided only on the Etisalat network.
All GTBank customers are eligible and profiled for Mobile Banking. On Mobile Banking, customers can:
- Check balance
- Stop and confirm cheques
- Purchase airtime (Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, MTN, Visafone)
- Purchase both domestic and international flight tickets
- Pay bills (DStv, Lekki Concession Commission (LCC) toll, PHCN, Swift Networks
- Transfer money (Own account, other GTBank accounts, NIP & NEFT to other banks
To obtain log in details for Mobile Banking
- Visit any GTBank branch
- Call the contact center, GTCONNECT at 0700 482 666328, 234 1 448 0000, 0803 900 3900, 0802 900 2900
Note: The hardware token is required for all transactions on Mobile Banking
GTBank Mobile Money subscribers can:
- Check balance
- Purchase airtime (Airtel, Etisalat, Glo, MTN)
- Withdraw cash from GTBank ATMs without a card
- Pay bills (DStv, Lekki Concession Commission (LCC) toll, PHCN, Swift Networks etc.)
- Pay for purchases at select merchant locations
- Transfer money – from a linked GTBank account to e-wallet; from e-wallet back to a linked bank account; from e-wallet to other e-wallets (GTBank and other Mobile Money subscribers); from e-wallet to other GTBank accounts; from e-wallet to phone number(s) – that is non-Mobile Money subscribers
To access GTBank Mobile Money:
- Download the mobile application to your smartphone (Blackberry, iPhone, Android, Nokia, and JAVA enabled phones) from their respective APP stores.
- On the Etisalat network, Mobile Money can be obtained from EasyWallet within the SIM Tool Kit
You can access Mobile Money service in 2 simple ways:
- Download the GTBank Mobile App to your mobile device OR
- Obtain a SIM with the SIM Tool Kit (STK) already installed (only Etisalat SIMs have this menu available for now)
- Click on “Register” and provide input for the required fields: First Name, Last Name, Date of Birth and Email
- After submitting, a Successful Registration SMS message is sent to the phone number used to register which contains a 6-digit activation code
- Click on “Activate” on the app
- The 6-digit activation code is automatically populated in the One Time Password (OTP) field. If not please refer to the Successful Registration SMS message
- Next select a non-sequential 4-digit PIN; repeat PIN to confirm it is accurate
- After submitting, a welcome SMS from GTBank is delivered to the phone number used to register
There are 3 ways to deposit money into a Mobile Wallet
- From within Mobile Money menu on the App, select “Send Money”. There are 3 options, select “Fund Wallet” enter amount and PIN, confirm then submit. A GTBank account mut be linked* to initiate this transfer
- With non-GTBank debit cards, you can transfer via Quickteller portal at www.quickteller.com/gtmobilemoney. (Quickteller can also be accessed from enabled ATMs)
- From Mobile Money enabled Point of Sale (POS) terminals with the FUND WALLET menu (Available at Etisalat store locations)
* To link a GTBank account, click to download the form and return to any GTBank branch with a valid photo ID
To send money to a registered GTBank Mobile Money subscriber:
- From the App, log on to your Mobile Wallet by inputting your phone number and PIN. From the SIM Tool Kit (STK), select EasyWallet
- Select “Send Money” from the menu in the app. There are 3 options available, select “To Others” followed by “To Phone”
- Enter phone number, amount and PIN, confirm then submit.
- You will receive a message on your phone
To send money to an unregistered GTBank Mobile Money subscriber:
- From the App, log on to your Mobile Wallet by inputting your phone number and PIN.
- Select “Send Money” from the menu in the app. There are 3 options available, select “To Others” followed by “To Unregistered Phone”
- Enter phone number, first name, last name, amount and PIN, confirm then submit.
To enable cashout via ATM from your Mobile Wallet
- From the App, log on to your Mobile Wallet by inputting your phone number and PIN. From the SIM Tool Kit (STK), select EasyWallet, followed by “My Account ”then “Cash Out”
- Select “Cash Out” from the menu in the app. There are 3 options available, select “Cashout ATM”
- Enter amount and PIN, confirm then submit. A 12-digit Funds Access Code to withdraw cash is generated. From the menu, go to Cashout >> Cashout codes to retrieve code
- Cash can be withdrawn from any GTBank ATM
To perform a cardless withdrawal at the ATM
- Push any button on the side panel of the ATM
- GTBank Mobile Money Option flashes on the screen, push the “Proceed” button
- Enter the 12-digit FAC generated then proceed
- Enter Wallet ID*
- Enter MPIN** (same as the one used to log on to the Mobile Wallet)
* Wallet ID for unregistered GTBank Mobile Money subscribers is the phone number to which the funds were sent
** MPIN for unregistered Gtbank Mobile Money subscribers is the last 4-digits of the FAC
To enjoy more services you can upgrade from the GTBank Mobile Money (lite) to either Plus or Max.
You can do this through the following means:
- By filling out the form in the link below and returning it to any GTBank branch with a valid photo ID
Mobile Money Lite (The Un-banked): This service allows you carry out a maximum single transaction of N3,000 and a daily limit of N30,000.00. At this level, you are not required to have a GTBank account to enjoy these benefits. All that is required is Your Name, Your Phone Number and Date of Birth.
Mobile Money Plus (The Semi-banked): This service allows you carry out a maximum single transaction of N10,000 and a daily limit of N100,000. For this level of service, a GTBank savings account has to be linked to the Mobile Wallet.
Mobile Money Max (The Fully Banked): This service allows you carry out a maximum single transaction of N100,000 and a daily limit of N150,000.00. Additional information is required for this variant; therefore, linking a GTBank current account will suffice.
Download the Mobile Money Application form here.
1. What is Mobile Money and what are the benefits?
Mobile Money is a convenient, fast, secure, and affordable way of transferring money to friends and family using a mobile phone.
2. Who can use the Mobile Money Service?
GTBank MobileMoney service is available to everyone with a phone. Non-phone users can also use the service to receive money transferred from registered GTBank MobileMoney customers.
3. Do I need to have a bank account to use GTBank Mobile Money?
No, you do not need an account to use GTBank MobileMoney. However, if you have a GTBank account it can be linked to your Mobile Wallet to make your account-wallet transfers seamless.
4. Where can I download and register for the service?
You can download the app for smartphones from Blackberry App World, Nokia Ovi, iTunes Store for iPhones & Google Play for Android or access it via EasyWallet from within the Etisalat SIM, after which you can register for the service
5. Will my phone support GTBank Mobile Money?
As long as it is a mobile phone that has either SMS or GPRS services, your phone will support GTBank MobileMoney. We have designed GTBank Mobile Money to work across all mobile phone handsets, from the most basic to the most advanced. If your mobile phone supports Java, you can use GTBank Mobile Money through the GPRS service of your mobile service provider. If it does not, you can use this service via USSD. All channels are equally safe and easy to use.
6. Where is the money that is deposited into a Mobile Money account?
The money is domiciled at GTBank
7. How do I withdraw money from my Mobile Money account?
You can do this through a cardless ATM withdrawal
8. What information do I require to perform withdrawal from an ATM?
You require a 12-digit code which you would have generated from your Mobile Money menu on your phone, the amount you wish to withdraw, your phone number and your Mobile Wallet PIN.
9. How do I keep my MobileMoney Account secure?
You need to keep your Account PIN secret from others. Memorize your Mobile Wallet PIN and do not write it down or place the PIN in and around your phone. Never give away your PIN. If you have reasons to believe your PIN has been compromised, you can change it from the Mobile Money menu.
10. Who do I contact for support?
Contact GTConnect on these numbers: 08029002900, 08039003900 and 01-4480000
11. What happens if my phone/SIM is lost, stolen or damaged?
Your money is safe. Your MobileMoney account is protected by your Account PIN.
12. Will I be charged for receiving money into my Mobile Money account?
No. Receiving money transferred into your MobileMoney account is FREE.