Point of Sale (POS)
A Point of Sale (PoS) terminal is a portable device that allows local debit cardholders make payment for goods and services in a retail environment.
GTBank PoS terminal provides a convenient, modern & efficient means of processing payment online & real-time as value is credited to the Merchants account within 24 hours.
These terminals can be used to perform a variety of financial transactions such as:
- Vending airtime (recharge)
- Balance enquiry
The benefits of the PoS terminal to Merchants include the following:
- Improved efficiency minimises cash handling and aids reconciliation
- Increase in sales as Merchant have access to both cash and card-carrying Customers
- Instant confirmation of payment for goods
- Reduces cost of Personnel and equipment for handling cash receipts
- Reduces exposure to loss due to armed robbery or pilferage by Employees
- Eliminates the inconvenience of cheque confirmation and clearing period.
Please click here to find a POS close to you.
1. What is a POS Terminal?
The Point of Sale (POS) terminal is a portable device that accepts payments for goods & services from debit cards at merchant outlets.
2. What are the different types of terminals we have?
The POS terminal comes in various communication technologies
3. What are the different types of terminals we have?
Each terminal has a unique Terminal Identification number for easy identification. Guaranty Trust Bank POS terminals are usually branded with GTBank Bubble Stickers in all our locations.
4. What Cards can the POS terminal accept?
The POS terminal would accept all MasterCard, Visa and Verve Cards issued in Nigeria. Internationally issued MasterCard and Visa Card would also be accepted on Foreign card POS Terminals
5. What is the procedure for getting a POS?
- Customer/Merchant must have a current account with the Bank.
- Account Officer gives the form to the merchant or Merchant downloads the POS Merchant Registration form on the GTBank website (www.gtbank.com)
- Merchant Completes the form
- Merchant submits completed form to account officer, the nearest branch or scans and mails the form to
6. How long does it take to get a POS Machine:
- Terminals requested for Lagos Locations are to be delivered within Five (5) Working Days.
- Terminals requested for Upcountry locations are to be delivered within Ten (10) working days
7. What is/are the charge(s) for POS transaction?
- Cost of POS Device (Hardware): To be borne by GTBank
- Domestic Card Transaction Fee: 0.75% capped at NGN 1,200
- International Transaction Fee: 3% Flat
- Paper Rolls, SIM Card, Comms Charges: Free
8. How can I get a settlement report for my merchant?
A POS transaction report portal is available on our internet banking platform and GAPS. Merchants who have not been profiled on internet banking/GAPS could equally request for their statements via email
9. How can I locate GTBank POS Merchants near Me?
You can visit the Branch Locator on the corporate website and select POS Locator on the right hand side.
10. How can a customer resolve their POS Dispense error complaint?
The customer should fill and submit a POS Dispense error form at the nearest branch.
11. What can I do or who can I contact for a paper roll refill?
Paper Rolls and other POS consumables would be provided by our POS Support Team
12. What can I do to remedy a physical damage on the POS terminal that may affect its functionality?
POS technical issues would be resolved by visits from the Bank’s POS Support team and Point of sale terminal Service Providers (PTSPs). More serious damages or terminal misplacement/theft are covered under the POS Merchant Agreement.
13. Who can I Contact for other POS-related enquiries?
For further information or enquiries please contact us on 08113798109-11; 08039003900; 08029002900