To Transfer to GTBank Account
Simply dial *737*1*Amount*NUBAN Account No# e.g. *737*1*1000*1234567890# from the mobile number registered with the Bank. (This is accessible using all types of mobile devices).
Then use the last four digits of your GTBank Naira MasterCard to authenticate each transaction.
To Transfer to Other Banks
- Simply dial *737*2*Amount*NUBAN Account No# e.g. *737*2*1000*1234567890# from your mobile phone. (This is accessible using all types pf mobile devices).
- Then use the last four digits of your GTBank Naira MasterCard to authenticate each transaction.
- Daily transaction limit of N20,000 per day
- Minimum transfer amount is N1,000
- Works on customers registered phone with the Bank
- Dependent on full network signal from telecom provider
- Money is deducted directly from your GTBank account
- Easy, simple ,fast and convenient way of transferring money
- *737* Transfer is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week
- Transaction process is approximately 10 seconds
- With *737* Transfer customers can transfer to other Nigerian banks
Q1. What is *737*transfers?
Ans: *737* Transfer is a mobile channel which enables GTBank customers conveniently perform third party transfers to both GTBank and other bank account holders in Nigeria, via the mobile phones, by simply dialing the USSD short code *737* with details of the amount and account number (NUBAN) of the beneficiary.
Q2. Why should I make use of for this service?
Ans: The *737*Transfer allows GTBank customers to transfer funds from anywhere within Nigeria at any time with ease.
Q3. What do I need to get started?
a. A GTBank account that isn’t dormant
b. A SIM card with phone number registered with the Bank
c. A phone that can make regular voice calls
d. A GTBank debit card that has not reached expiration
Q4. What type of transactions can I conduct with the *737*transfers?
a. Transfer from a GTBank account to another GTBank account. Simply Dial *737*1*AMOUNT*NUBAN# to initiate a transfer
b. Transfer from a GTBank account to other Nigerian bank accounts. *737*2*AMOUNT*NUBAN# to initiate a transfer.
Q5. What accounts can I access on *737*transfers?
Ans: The default account is the current account. In the case where a customer does not have one, the savings account variant becomes the default
Q6. Are there any transfer limits?
Ans: There is a daily transfer limit of N20,000.00 while the minimum amount that can be transferred is N1,000.00
Q7. Are there any charges for using the service?
Ans: Standard NIP charges apply to transfers to accounts with other banks while there is a N20.00 convenience fee on transfers to a GTBank account
Q8. How secure is the service?
Ans: USSD is a secure service that enables a more convenient and speedy way to transfer funds on the move. Transactions are transmitted on a secure network. In addition the last 4 digits of your active GTBank debit card are required to authenicate the transactions and this is never stored on the phone.
Q9. Do I need a token to complete the transaction?
Ans: No. But the last 4 digits of your active GTBank debit card are required to authenicate the transactions
Q10. What happens to my account and information if I lose my phone?
Ans: While no account data is stored on the phone and no information lost, however, please connect your mobile service provider to recover the number. You will be able to transact again on the recovered phone line.
Q11. What happens if my debit card information has been compromised?
Ans: Please call GTConnect at 0803 900 3900 or 0802 900 2900 or 01 448 0000 to have your debit card blacklisted and place an order for a new debit card.