We Value Your Privacy
Security of Your Personal Information
We take appropriate measures to safeguard your personal information. We secure and ensure that your personal information is protected from loss, unauthorized access, misuse, modification or disclosure.
Your personal information with us remains secure because:
- We use strict security measures and technologies to prevent fraud and intrusion.
- Our Security controls and processes are regularly updated to meet and exceed industry standards.
- Our employees are trained to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us.
GTBank, its staff or agents will never call, send you an SMS or email with a website link, asking you to update your Internet Banking profile with your personal information or provide your passwords, token generated codes, card details or Personal Identification Number (PIN). To help you in protecting your personal information, we recommend the following:
- Ensure you do not share your Internet Banking login details, card details, PIN, codes from your token device and any other confidential information relating to your account with anyone via telephone, SMS or e-mail.
- Ensure you do not keep any written copy of your Internet Banking login details, card details, PIN, codes from your token device and any other confidential information relating to your account. It is personal, please memorize them.
- Ensure you keep your Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card(s) safe.
- Use your hand or body to shield the keys of any machine to protect your PIN when you are conducting transactions at the ATM or when making Point of Sale (POS) transactions at retail stores.
- Create strong passwords for your Internet Banking login. Change them often.
- Always log on to our internet banking service via our website – www.gtbank.com
- Watch out for cloned websites. Do not fall prey to any website that looks similar toGTBank’s website. Always check the URL carefully to confirm the authenticity of the website. (https://)
- Ensure you check your account balance and bank statements regularly and report any discrepancies you may notice to any GTBank branch promptly or contact us on our GTConnect numbers on +234-01-4480000; +234-08029002900, or +234-08039003900.
- Contact us immediately if you believe someone else may have access to your password, user ID, PIN, or other confidential information via our branches or our GTConnect numbers.
- Contact us immediately If you receive or have received an SMS or email requesting for disclosure of your Personal Information or a suspicious telephone call from someone claiming to be from GTBank and forward such emails to email@example.com.
- Ensure you utilize a secure browser when conducting transactions online.
- Close online applications when not in use and ensure virus protection is regularly updated on your systems.
For more information on how to protect your password and other related practices designed to safeguard the privacy and security of your financial information, please visit our Security Centre at www.gtbank.com/securitycentre
- We collect and use information about you to administer our business and provide you with high quality financial products and services. We collect information about you from a variety of sources, such as:
- Applications, personal financial statements and other written or electronic communications reflecting information such as your name, address, telephone number, occupation, assets income and any other information we deem necessary.
- Transactional account history including your account balance, payment records, and credit card usage.
- Information received from third parties such as government, regulatory, supervisory or credit agencies.
Any personal information provided by you to GTBank will be used for the purpose of providing and operating the products and services you have requested and for other related purposes which may include:
- Updating and enhancing GTBankâ€™s records
- Establishing your identity and assessing applications for our products and services
- Pricing and designing our products and services
- Administering our products and services
- Managing our relationship with you
- Managing our risks and helping to identify and investigate illegal activity (ie), such as fraud
- Contacting you, for example in instances where we suspect fraud on your account or when the need arises to tell you about recent occurrences in the banking sector or something important
- Conducting and improving our businesses and improving your experience with us
- Reviewing credit or loan eligibility
- Complying with our legal obligations and assisting government and law enforcement agencies or regulators/supervisors
- Identifying and informing you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
We may also collect, use and exchange your information in other ways permitted by law.
When inquiring or requesting information about a specific product or service, or in case of volunteering information using any of GTBankâ€™s contacts, (e.g. General Inquiry form) we will reply you via your registered e-mail address with the Bank . We may store your e-mail address, your message and our response for quality control purposes and for the purpose of meeting our legal and regulatory/supervisory requirements.
We may share the information about you and your dealings with us, to the extent allowed by law, with the following:
- GTBankâ€™s Branches and Subsidiaries;
- Regulators/Supervisors, Government Agencies/courts – It may be necessary by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence for GTBank to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.;
- External Auditors;
- GTBankâ€™s staff;
- Credit Agencies;
- Correspondent banks;
- GTBankâ€™s strategic partners/service providers â€“ for the purpose of improving and providing our products and services to you. Your Personal information will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. You have access to your account information, which includes your contact information, account balances, transactions and similar information through various means, such as account statements, SMS Banking Social Media Banking and Internet Banking. If you discover inaccuracies in your personal information, please promptly notify the branch or office of GTBank where you do business, so that we can make the necessary updates or changes.
GTBank refers to Guaranty Trust Bank plc and its subsidiaries.
Guaranty Trust Bank plc comprises of GTBank branches worldwide.
Guaranty Trust Bank plcâ€™s subsidiaries include the following:
Guaranty Trust Bank Cote Dâ€™ivoire Limited
Guaranty Trust Bank Gambia Limited
Guaranty Trust Bank Ghana Limited
Guaranty Trust Bank Kenya Limited
Guaranty Trust Bank Liberia Limited
Guaranty Trust Bank Rwanda Limited
Guaranty Trust Bank Sierra Leone Limited
Guaranty Trust Bank Uganda Limited
Guaranty Trust Bank United Kingdom (UK) Limited
GTBankâ€™s websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
GTBankâ€™s Policy contains the following disclosure statement for children:
“GTBank respects the privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect names, email addresses or any other personally identifiable information from children. We do not knowingly market to children nor do we allow children under 18 to open online accounts.”
From time to time, it may be necessary for us to amend our Privacy Statement. The current version will be maintained on the Bankâ€™s website (www.gtbank.com).
For More Information
Should you have any questions regarding this policy or want to learn more about our security practices, please read our Security Centre section, or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.